Tsudo 98-05 Impreza 2.5 RS N1 JDM Burnt-Tip catback exhaust
Fits: 1998-2001 Subaru Impreza 2.2L / 2.5L Naturally Aspirated
Fits: 2002-2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5L Naturally Aspirated
There is no denying that the Subaru Impreza 2.2 Liter and 2.5 Liter is a naturally aspirated wonder of a car. There is always room for improvement though. The OEM stock exhaust restricts the flow from the engine, causing a bottle neck trying to get out, significantly limiting the potential of the Impreza. There is a simple solution to that problem, and it is called the Tsudo Impreza 2.5 RS N1 JDM Catback Exhaust with a burnt tip. It is manufactured from the highest quality 100% T-304 stainless steel to prevent corrosion and increase durability. That stainless steel is then CNC machine mandrel bent and given a perforated core. The result of this is a tuned piping that has a smooth free flowing system to give it a straight through, unrestricted path out of the system. This in turn improves horsepower, torque, and throttle response. The performance goes one step further by weighing significantly less than the OEM stock system. When you turn it on you can hear the power waiting under the hood in the form of a low, deep tone. You can hear as your car climbs through the rpms the power that was hidden before. In addition to that, the burnt tip gives your Subaru Impreza that custom look that is a definite eyecatcher.
- Direct bolt-on to naturally aspirated Subaru Imprezas, no modification necessary
- WRX / STI turbo catbacks with oversized 3" piping are not a bolt on and require modification of the front flange, in addition decreasing low end power and exhaust velocity
- Perforated core straight-through muffler design for smooth, unrestricted performance
- Produces a deep, aggressive exhaust note
- Tuned piping diameter maximizes power gains
- Improves horsepower, torque, throttle response, and fuel mileage
- Manufactured from T304 / SUS304 stainless steel for durability and high corrosion resistance
- CNC machine mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing for maximum exhaust flow
Been using this cat back for about 2 weeks now and it is fantastic! I got it for my 2001 subaru forester. The quality is great, the installation was very simple and bolted right up without modification. It was very well packaged and came to me without damage. Customer service was fantastic as well, I was very happy with my experience here at ERZ. Also i can't forget, the sound is phenomenal especially when paired with the catless uel headers that tsudo makes!
The cat back is decent, unfortunately there was a dent in the muffler portion of it, and I have a tsudo UEL header as well, and it cracked in several spots. I had it fixed, which wasn't cheap due to it being stainless, and it has already cracked again.
At first I thought it was too loud but then I got used to having this as well as Tsudo UEL headers and High flow Cat. The rumble is perfect and makes me happy to drive my car every day.
Overall pleased. Good price. Quick shipping. Perfect fit. Looks nice. Sounds good, pretty loud without the silencer, and very quiet with it. Easy to install. Heavier than expected. Does not come with rubber hangers so make sure to have those. I installed this with the Tsudo header as well FYI. I am ultimately a happy customer!